[Sticky] Poetics Online Forum Chat Rules
- Don’t spam. Spam belongs in survivalist pantries and bad 1950s cooking shows, not here. Don’t flood the forum with pointless posts, memes, pictures, etc. Just like in those 1950s cookbooks, a little spam is fine, just don’t go crazy.
- Don’t be an ad-man. The forums is not the place to advertise your personal website, blog, youtube channel, etc. Of course, you can feel free to include links when it is relevant to the conversation or if people ask. Again, just don’t go overboard.
- Don’t be a troll, and we don’t just mean Lord of the Rings. Wondering what we mean by troll (really? you really need to ask?) Here; [Internet troll - Wikipedia]( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators. Friendly debate is fine, but we all know where the line is. And if you don’t, ask a moderator.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behavior is grounds for deletion from the forums. Again: Don’t be a troll.
- Although it would in most instances be wildly off topic, don’t spoil shows, movies, games, whatever. Really, that’s just rude.
- No porn. It’s crazy we have to say this. Poems and poetry related material that is explicit needs to be clearly marked NSFW at the top or it will be deleted. No pictures of your special place, no videos of other people using their special places. Honestly, if you wouldn’t do it in a bookstore open mic with your gramma in the audience, think twice. Any special place related pics or videos will be deleted, the poster will be heckled mercilessly, and potentially removed and blocked from the forums.
- Don’t post illegal stuff. No torrents, links pertaining to, or discussion of illegal activity/content. Don’t get us in trouble. That would be super rude.
*These rules are subject to change at any time based on the discretion of the admin and moderator staff.
*If you think something needs to be here that isn’t, or have any questions or concerns, please comment below or PM me or one of your mods/admins about it.